Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mama's Rule

The idea for this entry came to me last night, thanks to 8 glasses of Sangria. I actually recorded it on an audio blog while driving home. The results of my genius can be heard on the Catfish blog: http://cliqueofone.blogspot.com/

I also ramble on in one of the audio blog entries about the people from Jersey going to the Oyster Bar, which was for the benefit of my son Greg, who thinks pronoucing Jersey "Joisey" is hilarious. Of course everytime I meet someone from Jersey I go into the old "Are you from Joisey, I'm from Joisey" routine which sends him over the edge.

There is a new rule around my house "Waist of Pants above the A-hole". It makes me nostaligic for all the rules around my house growing up "Don't hold the refrigerator door open" "Don't talk with food in your mouth" "Be quiet in Church" and my personal favorite, "Drink your milk". Yeah, right. Like I was going to drink that vile sour liquid. I would wait until no one was looking and dump it down the sink.

Fast forward to the year 2006, my house, 3 teen boys, one who thinks he is Jay-Z and you gotta be wit it and wear da pants, yo . I am getting a little tired of getting a eyeball full of his ENTIRE ASS! Really do not go up he stairs behind this guy. Now I don't mind kids trying to look cool, I understand the whole thing about teens needed to follow the trends. Hell I wore some ridiculous fashions myself- the bandana around the head with the flowing indian skirt was all the rage for us hippies. But I am just tired of all this ass, so I had to impose a household rule. If you want to wear your pants low, that's fine with me. But Mama has a rule "Waist of pants above the A-hole" if you know what's good for ya! Word.

No comments: