Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Good Riddance 2006



Except for a few high points, 2006 has been a trying year for the most part. I learned not to take anything for granted because anything can change in your life at a moment's notice. Here is how my year went and as Rosanne Rosannadanna would say: "If it's not somethin', it's another. It just goes to show you, it's always somthing"
January: My dog and I got attacked my 3 vicious dogs. I was bitten in the arm and cracked my tooth. My dog was seriously injured but somehow survived.

February: My Uncle had a catastrophic medical emergency and nearly died. He fortunately survived, which we are all very thankful, but he is struggling to regain his skills due to a debilitating stroke along with near death during emergency open heart surgery.

March: Someone in India cleaned out my bank account. I went to court as a witness in the dog case. I took a fun trip to South Beach with my girlfriend.

May: I had a cyst removed but it became infected and I was in agony for a few days.

May: Tommy broke his finger.

June: Tommy broke his arm.

July: One of my best childhood friends dies. This was devastating news. It really hurts. So sad.

July: My dog has 2 seizures necessitating $200 worth of tests.

2006 Highlight: Trip to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada



August: Great trip to Vancouver Canada with my girlfriend where I accidentally (stupidly) ran up $500 of roaming charges on my cell phone.

September: I backed into the garage door, while I was INSIDE the garage. I crashed into the closed door and essentially destroyed it.

October: I completed the 38 mile Athens-to-Atlanta roadskate marathon.

November: A wonderful man, husband and father of 2, whom I had known very well, dies of cancer at age 41. The funeral was one of the saddest things I had ever witnessed in my life.

November: I get a speeding ticket and another violation for a total of $300 worth of fines.

November: Over Thanksgiving my purse, car keys, cash, credit cards and cell phone stolen while shopping

November: I find out my other Uncle has larynx cancer.

December: Things start looking up! Lions win State Football championships. I beat one of my fines in court. I have a wonderful Christmas.

Yeah, it's always something! I try to keep my spirits up and expect shit to happen.

Besides Christmas and the 2 vacations that I took with my girlfriend, it has been a sad year. The dog attack, the worries about my sweet Uncle, and the 2 deaths of friends have been the most difficult things. You just never know how quickly your life can change. I try to be thankful each day for my own good health, that of my children and my parents and my brothers and sisters. If anything were to happen to any of them, I don't know what I would do. So I do appreciate what I have now, which is 3 beautiful sons and a wonderful family. Happy 2007 to all of you! Kiss your kids, tell your parents you love them and call your brother or sister and tell them you are thinking of them.

No comments: